Welcome to the longest running Mega Event in the geocaching world – The 2024 Texas Challenge. This year’s event is hosted by the North Texas Region and will be held in Wichita Falls, TX. Geocachers from all over the world will be competing for the coveted Golden Ammo Can which is awarded to the highest scoring team in a highly competitive activity pitting the different regions of Texas against each other in a spirited competition. To participate in The Challenge you must register using the form below 2 weeks prior to the event. This is in addition to registering as a Will Attend on the geocaching page.
In addition to the Team Challenge we also will be holding the Individual Challenge again this year. This version of the Challenge lets individual compete against other individuals in categories based on gender and age groups. Participants in the Individual Challenge must also register to participate using the form below 2-weeks below the event. If you are interested in participating in both please complete both forms (there are no penalties if you decide later you do not want to participate in both activities).
Scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the registration/waiver form
If you aren’t the competitive type – DO NOT WORRY – Texas Challenge is much more than competition! We have tried to create activities that will appeal to every cacher! We are very excited to rollout two big additions to this year’s event:
- Challenge within a Challenge – At the different events during the week each cacher can obtain a scorecard. During the week cachers will have different opportunities to earn points for participation in different activities. The first 100 people to accumulate enough points and turn in their scorecard will be given a special Challenge within a Challenge Coin modeled after rodeo belt buckles that are famous in Texas. The activities and scoring will be set to allow everyone to participate and earn a coin – even if you can only participate during the weekend!
- Caching Carnival – Saturday afternoon and evening we will hold a Caching Carnival at the Convention Center. The caching carnival will provide everyone an opportunity to participate in caching and traditional carnival type games to win prizes, have fun and socialize with other cachers. We are still working through the details of the activities and events but will be sharing more details in the coming weeks.
- In addition to our new events, we will continue to hold those events and activities that have made Texas Challenge famous:
- Wednesday Satellite Event (TBD)
- Thursday Satellite Event (TBD)
- Friday Event at the Convention Center
- Package Pickup
- SWAG Sales from our friends at Space Coast Geo Store
- TXGA SWAG Sales
- Pathtag Wheel
- Trackable Trading Table
- Saturday Event at the Convention Center
- Team Challenge 7:30 – 11:00 am
- Individual Challenge 2:30 – 5:00 pm
- Caching Carnival 12 – 8pm (Times may be adjusted)
- TXGA Hall of Fame Induction
- Breakfast Event – Announcing Next Year’s Location (TBD)
- CITO and Awards Ceremony
So, don’t miss out! Come out and enjoy day(s) of fun caching activities, fun and fellowship. Log your will attend and make your travel plans. We will be updating this page/facebook and the event page as more details become available.
Texas Challenge 2024 Packages
Pathtag - Set of 4
Pathtag - Set of 4
Pathtag - Set of 4
Pathtag - Set of 4
Ala Cart Items
Special Coin – $25
Event Coin – $25
Jet Coin – $25
T-Shirt – $25
Pathtag Set – $15
Fort Parker T-Shirt – The Original Texas Challenge – $25
The Legend was born! The original Texas Challenge (GCC414) was held on 4/5/2003 at Fort Parker State Park near Mexia, Texas. The group did not create a T-shirt for the event, but TXGA worked with 2CrazyChicks Apparel to create a t-shirt that commemorates where it all started. The t-Shirt front is an image from Fort Parker and the back includes the names of those participants that attended the event. This is a limited-edition opportunity to own a piece of history. 2CrazyChicks Apparel will have a small number at Challenge for purchase – but to ensure you get one – place your order now!
Texas Challenge Team Competition Rules & Regulations
Team Event Registration
By completing this registration, I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH the Texas Challenge Team and/or Individual events, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
- I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Texas Geocaching Association(TXGA) and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, and the activity holders, sponsors, and volunteers;
- INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that TXGA and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants but are also present for volunteers.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity.
I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.